Customers, Friends and Fans of Clio Ancient Art:
We are very pleased to announce that the new and improved version of our website is live online now. In addition to many new items for sale (see below) we have redesigned the site and added many great features to make your visit both easier and more interesting. Here’s a brief rundown –
• Our old format allowed viewing no more than 20 or so items per page in a vertical row, sorted by price, resulting in an excessive number of pages for a large category, such as Roman Antiquities, and many items were rarely viewed. All categories have now been consolidated so there is only one Roman page, one oil lamps page, etc.
• When clicking on a category (note there are new categories, including “Cypriot Antiquities” and “Pottery Vessels”) visitors will see up to 30 items at a time, sorted alphabetically. This may be changed using the drop down menus at the top of the category to view up to 200 items at a time and to sort them by price (low to high or the reverse), alphabetically or most recently added.
• We’ve added a “Search” option at the top of the page. A customer entering the search word “Byzantine” for example will then receive a list of categories on the site that include that term and a list of individual objects.
• Customers may complete a form to join our online mailing list or to create their own account with Clio Ancient Art, which speeds up invoicing and order processing, allows tracking of order status and compiles a history of purchases from Clio.
• When clicking on an object from our inventory, customers will be able to hover their cursor over the image to allow for a detailed close up inspection.
No doubt there will be a few minor bugs to work out over the next several days but we do think the new format will make your customer experience much better. We’ll also be adding more content in the next few days.
Here is a list, with links, of some recently added objects on our website –
• An Egyptian Pale Blue Faience Ushabti – http://clioancientart.com/anegyptianpalebluefaienceushabti.aspx
• An Egyptian Bronze Figure of Osiris – http://clioancientart.com/anegyptianbronzefigureofosiris.aspx
• A Deep Blue Egyptian Faience Amulet of Daumutef – http://clioancientart.com/adeepblueegyptianfaienceamuletofdaumutef.aspx
• A Deep Blue Egyptian Faience Amulet of Hapi – http://clioancientart.com/adeepblueegyptianfaienceamuletofhapi.aspx
• Egyptian Bronze Figure of Osiris – http://clioancientart.com/egyptianbronzefigureofosiris2.aspx
• Egyptian Bronze Figure of Osiris – http://clioancientart.com/egyptianbronzefigureofosiris3.aspx
• Late Roman / Migration Period Military Bronze Belt Buckle Plate – http://clioancientart.com/lateromanmigrationperiodmilitarybronzebeltbuckleplate.aspx
• A Late Roman to Early Byzantine Trail Decorated Glass Bead – http://clioancientart.com/alateromantoearlybyzantinetraildecoratedglassbead.aspx
• Roman Glass Crumb Decorated Bead – http://clioancientart.com/romanglasscrumbdecoratedbead.aspx
• Early Byzantine Bronze Military Phalera or Boss – http://clioancientart.com/earlybyzantinebronzemilitaryphaleraorboss.aspx
• Early Byzantine Military Baldric Buckle – http://clioancientart.com/earlybyzantinemilitarybaldricbuckle.aspx
EARLY ISLAMIC ANTIQUITIES
• An Early Islamic Trail Decorated Glass Bead – http://clioancientart.com/anearlyislamictraildecoratedglassbead.aspx
ANCIENT GREEK AND ROMAN COINS
• Greek Cities, Mysia, Gambrion, Bronze 16 mm, 4th-3rd Century BC – http://clioancientart.com/greekcitiesmysiagambrionbronze16mm4th-3rdcenturybc.aspx
• Roman Empire, Bronze Sestertius of Julia Mamaea, AD 180-235 – http://clioancientart.com/romanempirebronzesestertiusofjuliamamaeaad180-235.aspx
• Roman Empire, Maximian as Caesar, Bronze Antoninianus, AD 285-286 – http://clioancientart.com/romanempiremaximianascaesarbronzeantoninianusad285-286.aspx
• Roman Empire, Maximian , Bronze Antoninianus, AD 286-305 – http://clioancientart.com/romanempiremaximianbronzeantoninianusad286-305.aspx
To access specific sections on our website, follow these links –
• Ancient Oil Lamps for Sale – http://clioancientart.com/ancientoillampsforsale.aspx
• Ancient Byzantine, Migration Period, Etruscan, Islamic, Celtic, Near Eastern & Related Antiquities – http://clioancientart.com/byzantinemigrationetruscanislamicneareast.aspx
• Ancient Coins for Sale: Roman, Greek, Byzantine, Early Islamic – http://clioancientart.com/ancientromanbyzantineislamicandgreekcoins.aspx
• Ancient Cypriot Art & Antiquities for Sale – http://clioancientart.com/ancientcypriotartandantiquitiesforsale.aspx
• Ancient Egyptian Art & Antiquities for Sale – http://clioancientart.com/ancientegyptianartandantiquitiesforsale.aspx
• Ancient Glass Vessels & Beads – http://clioancientart.com/ancientglass-page1.aspx
• Ancient Greek Art & Antiquities for Sale – http://clioancientart.com/ancientgreekartandantiquitiesforsale.aspx
• Ancient Jewelry & Personal Adornment – http://clioancientart.com/ancientjewelryandpersonaladornment-2.aspx
• Ancient Roman Antiquities for Sale – http://clioancientart.com/romanantiquities-page1.aspx
• Ancient Pottery Vessels for Sale – http://clioancientart.com/clioancientartandantiquities.aspx
• Framed & Un-Framed Art, Books & Publications – http://clioancientart.com/framedandun-framedartbooksandpublications.aspx
As always, thanks for visiting. We would value any feedback you might have on the new website design. Please feel free to contact us via e-mail text or phone if you have a question about any item on our site.
Chris M. Maupin
Clio Ancient Art & Antiquities
PO Box 7714
Wilmington, NC 28406